Ice cream has been a refreshing summertime dessert for centuries. It reminds us of our childhood and brings happiness to those who indulge. A wedding reception is a fine place to have ice cream and incorporating these colors into your floral décor will be such a delightful combination!
Since flowers come in so many wonderful colors and textures, they lend themselves wonderfully to an ice cream inspired wedding. Care in choosing the right types of flowers and color combinations will remind your guests of the popular ice cream flavors they have grown to love. Our flower shop can assist with this design concept, and here are a few examples of particular flowers that can reflect those ice cream flavors:
– Peonies make for a great vanilla ice cream cone (as shown above)
– Yellow roses for soft & dreamy lemon sherbet
– Ranunculus or tulips for orange sherbet
– Spunky pink dahlias for strawberry
– Green orchids for mint chocolate chip
– Hydrangeas or Himalayan blue poppy
for blue moon ice cream & last but not least
– Statice for blueberry ice cream!
Additional fun elements like diagonal stripes or polka dots can help achieve the look. Baskets can mimic waffle cones also. For another idea, here is a very nice Neapolitan inspired bridal shower: http://www.heavenlybloomsblog.com/2011/09/neapolitan-ice-cream-bridal-shower.html
Flowers by the Falls . Kings Mountain, NC (704) 739-7331